1. Strong Geographical and General knowledge
2. Research orientation required for checking the facts and information represented in map.
3. Basic Cartographic Concepts should be clear in order to maintain Cartographic Quality.
4. To make corrections and correctly and clearly convey to the Map designers and is not misinterpreted.
5. Maintain quality of map as per International mapping standards.
6. Hunt for obvious cartographic, spelling and factual errors in the Maps.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: BPO / Call Centre / ITES
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Compare Infobase Ltd.
KNOW MORE ABOUT US ...
Compare Infobase Limited (CIL) is a mapping portal, mapping projects and mapping products based company based in New Delhi, India, with a subsidiary MapXL, Inc. at San Jose, California, USA.
Precisely a year after the internet had come to India, the need of bringing authentic, credible maps on cyberspace depicting the correct version of India to users in India and globally, was conceptualized by its founders. Two years hence, in the year 1998, CIL was established.
Its first website IndiaProfile.com had a section called Maps of India. The site did well and from it was conceived MapsofIndia.com. Five years hence, was born Mapsofworld.com, to cater to the growing mapping needs of the world. Both sites have helped CIL carve a niche for itself globally in the mapping industry, in the domestic as well as international markets.
Talent in areas of mapping, cartography, related apps and content has been added to the company since its inception and demands of growing customers only help it attract more to its pool.
CIL offers great opportunities in these fields for better growth in terms of career as well as skills. It is a place were work-life balance exists. Those wanting overall development in both personal and professional avenues are encouraged to achieve higher goals.
Its other incubation portals include Elections.in, DGreetings.com, MyIndia sub-domain of MapsofIndia, etc. that require sustained talent and skills addition.